Local Task Force IU8 Bedford, Blair, Cambria & Somerset
One event on December 4, 2019 at 9:30 am
One event on January 8, 2020 at 9:30 am
One event on February 5, 2020 at 9:30 am
One event on March 4, 2020 at 9:30 am
One event on April 1, 2020 at 9:30 am
One event on May 6, 2020 at 9:30 am
The Local Task Force (LTF) – is a Parent / Family Support Network Group for Families that Have a Child with a Disability.
The Local Task Force membership consists of parents and family members of children with disabilities, local IU representatives, local MH / ID office, the Local Arc, area school districts and charter schools, and additional agency outreach programs.
The function of the Local Task Force is to support each other through dialogue, trainings and networking. You should attend the LTF if:
• You are a family member supporting a school age child with a disability
• You are a local public/ private service provider
• You are a school district employee
• You have a concern or questions regarding the special education system
• You want to network with family members and professionals
• You are interested in finding out more about the Local Task Force
• You want to share information with the special education community
• You want to learn more about regulations and special education processes such as Evaluations Reports, IEPs and NOREPs.
• And so much more…
If you are interested in attending the Local Task Force (Family Support Group) you can either contact your chairperson or co-chairperson:
Chairperson Kim Capenos (814) 889-1504 firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Chairperson Heather Oxford 814-472-5105 Ext 229 Heather06bear@gmail.com