Early intervention is a system of services that help babies and toddlers with developmental delays or disabilities.
Early intervention focuses on helping babies and toddlers learn the basic and brand-new skills that typically develop during the first three years of life such as:
- – Physical (reaching, rolling, crawling, and walking);
- – Cognitive (thinking, learning, and problem solving);
- – Communication, (talking, listening, and understanding);
- – Social/emotional (playing, feeling secure, and happy); and
- – Self-help (eating and dressing).