Family Leadership Institute Comes to Philadelphia
You are invited to participate in a Family Leadership Institute, offered at no cost to families by the PEAL Center, and our partners – the Medical Home Initiative, Research for Human Development & Philadelphia Department of Health, Division of Child & Family Health.
All the details are included below. Call or email with any questions! 866-950-1040; 202 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- — Applications must be completed and submitted by August 27, 2018. Space is limited, please apply early!
- — Applications will be reviewed and participants notified of acceptance by August 31, 2018
- — Priority is given to Philadelphia families
- — Complete the on-line application https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PhillyFLI OR download the application (bottom of post) and FAX to 412-281-4408
What is the Family Leadership Institute?
- Multi-session, in-depth training for families to build knowledge and leadership skills related to special education and health care.
Who should attend?
- Parents and other caregivers of students who have disabilities and/or special health care needs
Why should you attend?
- — To increase knowledge and understanding of educational programs and services
- — To learn new communication, leadership and advocacy skills for working with your child’s school team
- — To become part of a network of families and professionals that share a common focus
- History of Disability and Special Education Rights
- Special Education Process and Building a Strong IEP
- Navigating the Maze of Health Care Services
- Advocacy & Organizing for Change
- Conflict Resolution Skills for Families
- — No cost to families who are accepted to participate
- — One Hotel room and meals provided for participants and family members who accompany them [Note: if children will be accompanying participants, there must be another adult present to supervise the children during the Institute sessions]
- — Reimbursement for parking and transportation
- — Reimbursement for childcare
Location: Radisson Hotel Philadelphia – Northeast Trevose, 2400 Old Lincoln Highway, Trevose PA 19053
- Participants must commit to attending all sessions
- (Friday 5:00 – 9:00 p.m. & Saturday 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.)
- Session 1: Friday, Sept 28, 2018 & Saturday, Sept 29, 2018
- Session 2: Friday October 26, 2018 & Saturday October 27, 2018
- Session 3: Friday, November 16, 2018 & Saturday, November 17, 2018
Remember to complete application by August 27, 2018 as space is limited!
On-line application https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PhillyFLI or download the application and FAX to 412-281-4408